Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Sounds of Silence

[music: wings for marie by Tool]
[mood: frustrated]

I was 11 years old, (no sooner after my father passed,) I was in bed, in the dark. I couldn't sleep. I was kept awake by the sounds of silence. I could hear every buzz, every creeking noise and every sound I made, no matter how careful I was.

The next morning I complained to my mom about not being able to sleep, so she suggested I turn on my radio. The next night I tried it, and I slept with no problem.

Ever since that night, I've had to have something on weather it's a TV, stereo or my iPod.

Lately it hasn't been working, as I've been having massive sleep problems. I usually run on 3-4 hours of sleep a day, and on a couple of occasions, I didn't even sleep. It was so bad that my doctor had me take a Sleep Study.

Sure enough, during my sleep study last night, I couldn't fall asleep. I was finally able to get to sleep, but I'm hoping it was enough for them to go by.

Why can't I sleep like her:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home