Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Hard Lesson

I haven't had a hardass for a design teacher in a long time. Not to say the other profs at the Academy are 'easy.' This new guy is pretty strict. Which is fine with me. I can handle strict. But, I begin to question the line between being tough to help, and being tough to the point of being unfair.

Long story short, I missed one specification in a list of 15 required specifications for the first assignment. Now, he gave me a decent crit, but missing ONE specification resulted in a very low letter grade. I thought that was a bit harsh.

Anyway, this is a snip from my first assignment... coming up with a concept for a paper clip company, showing the product's utility. I chose to show the product being used on something besides paper, and use a cultural reference at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home