Thursday, August 03, 2006

Details of Our Ending

[music: Rosetta Stoned by Tool]
[mood: null]

November 20th, 1983... I was six years old, and I sat down to watch a TV movie on ABC called The Day After. That's the only time I ever saw it, but I was very affraid of nuclear war. I wasn't aware of the politics involved, or how close America may have come in the past, but ever since that movie, I was always affraid of the possibility.

As I got older, I learned that 'World War III' would most likely be a nuclear war. The comments made a few weeks ago in the media by Newt Gingrich suggested that America is in World War III. Right away I associate that with nuclear war, and it got my attention. Although I don't agree with that suggestion, I can agree that our world is in chaos, when you consider all the conflicts and violence happening in the world all at once, including North Korea's missile tests.

Could this be more fear mongering on the part of the Republicans? Who knows. All I know is I'm not a kid anymore. I try to keep myself informed, and I'm not easily scared by what's said on network news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home