Sunday, June 27, 2004

In the Beginning...

[Listening to: Bauhaus - Stigmata]
[Current Mood: Aware]

In the Beginning... there was a journal service. In an attempt to find a service that may be stable enough to last more than two weeks as well as create some form of regular feedback, I've come here. I may not stay, we'll see.

Saw Fahrenheit 9/11 today. I must say that it's a film that reminds me that I'm very selfish not to care obout these issues before. A conversation I had with my friends after the movie revealed that I'm self-absorbed and only care about what's going on with me. They didn't say this about me... I said this about myself.

For the past few years I've tried my hardest not to watch the big network news, or local news. It's all the same shit. First they'll talk about Iraq. Then they'll go down the list... there was a murder, there was a fire, there was a rape, some study revealed some form of food that we've been eating for centuries can now kill us, then weather, sports, and that's it.

Big network news is worse.

I want to know what's going on in the world, but I don't want the fear inducing, terror alerting shit that FOXNews puts out.

So, where do I get my news? Where do I get JUST THE FACTS?

Comedian David Cross mentioned going on the Guardian UK website. In the Fahrenheit 9/11 film, Moore shows an article the BBCNews website carried on a Taliban visit to Texas back in the 90s. Why do I have to go to other countrie's websites to find a just-the-facts news report?

Am I going to be more political? Probably not. I'll make an effort to be more aware of the news, though. I'm tired of purposly ignoring what's going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home